Thursday, March 19, 2020

Blog Post #2-Animoto

Animoto


Districts across the state have been affected by the Nebraska Reads law and new requirements for teachers of grades K-3 to implement a plan for students who are not reading on grade level. I hope to build background knowledge and possibly learn more about blended learning and reading interventions. 

Blog Post #1

I live in northwestern Nebraska. I have been teaching for fifteen years and initially gained experience as a multiple grades teacher in several rural schools. Since then, I have taught in a self-contained classroom in larger K-12 districts in grades 3-5. I currently teach grades 4-5 English Language Arts and Nebraska Studies. I enrolled in the Masters Cohort at Peru State College last May. The creation of this Blog is a requirement for EDUC 552. It is in the beginning stages and I am not certain where it will take me. 

Most days I welcome the use of technology and the opportunity to enhance student learning through technology. My experiences thus far (unless you count my elementary experience with green screen Apples) have been exclusively with PC computers. I am very fortunate to have an interactive, Promethium, board in my classroom. My students each have a Chromebook to use during class. I would place myself somewhere between Augmentation and Modification as far as Technology Integration goes. Ultimately my goal is to utilize technology to provide personal learning experiences to aid in differentiation and to increase student interest and accountability. 

I enjoy learning and strive to have the qualities of a distinguished teacher. Late in the spring of 2019, I decided to continue my education and enroll in an online Master's cohort program which landed me at Peru State College. I am enjoying the courses in the Graduate program and look forward to Graduating in December of 2020. A colleague and friend inspired me to pursue my Master's Degree. She had just graduated in December of 2018 and I was happy for her achievements. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post #8-Course Reflection

Flipgrid So much has changed in the past four weeks. I feel that this course set me up to be more prepared for assisting students with sc...