Friday, April 3, 2020

Post #6- Free Technology


"Free Technology for Teachers"

Richard Byrne’s blog (click Here to see the blog) is a very useful resources for finding and implementing a variety of “free technology” in the classroom. I found his video on Gmail Features very helpful. Now I have set up for student work to automatically filter into a folder for easy reference. This is also helpful to keep other emails in organized in folders, Title I, NSCAS, parent communication, etc.

Another topic I found helpful was how to use Flipgrid for screencasting. His videos are easy to follow, and he breaks the tasks into manageable steps. I like that the blog has a search bar the help locate blogs on specific topics. I found so much on the blog that I even subscribed to his newsletter.
Creating a blog for students to use as a reference is a great idea. As a district requirement I have a classroom website. I could also embed a link to my YouTube Channel and create/upload helpful videos there.

On a related but different note, after creating a video using PowerPoint, I realized that Google Slides doesn’t offer the same option. Then it dawned on me…if I wanted to create a video using Google Slides, then I could simply do so by using Screencastify or another application.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post #8-Course Reflection

Flipgrid So much has changed in the past four weeks. I feel that this course set me up to be more prepared for assisting students with sc...